Welcome to Rockland Honey Tours
Honey Bees are fascinating insects. Humans have been enjoying, studying & keeping bees for thousands of Years. Join us to learn more about these fascinating insects.
Honey Bee Tour $15 Donation Per Person
Our tour runs approximately 60 -minutes. Our tour guide will educate you on the basics of a beekeeping & what it takes to be a Beekeeper. He will explain the components of a bee hive, and answer questions such as…. How long do honey bees live for? How far do bees travel to get honey? What are in bee boxes? Do bee sting really hurt? This tour will also go through the steps of Honey processing.
Optional: If you’re brave enough, you will then put on an actual bee suit, the same suits beekeepers wear, and take a short walk to live bee hives. These hives are bustling with thousands of bees coming and going. Our guide will then open a hive and show you actual honey and honey combs. You’ll see live bees at work ! Honey sticks will be given out for free at the end of the tour.
Note: There is always a chance of being stung even with bee suits on. If you’re allergic to bee stings DO NOT come on any of our tours.
Tours begin on time. Please be at our location 10-15min before your tour . All payments must be made online prior to coming. Bookings are not refundable unless weather is a factor.
For additional information , contact us at 845-202-2575
Here are a few things to keep in mind when coming to our farm.
- We have live bee hives on location. Do not get close to our bee hives without proper gear and a tour guide.
Honey bees are not aggressive, but will defend their hive if they feel threatened.
- We suggest you wear pants and closed shoes (not sandals).
Our bee suits are jackets and will not cover your legs.
- There are No restrooms on premises.
- Liability Disclaimer must be signed before going on tour, fill it out and hand it to your tour guide – DOWNLOAD HERE
- Tours start on time, make sure you come 10-15 minutes before your tour begins.
- Not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
Sorry no discounts for Groups
How To Book a Tour
- Click an available day on the Calendar below (Green Dates).
- Once selected, available tours & hours will show below.
Select the tour that you would like to join.
- Fill out the reservation form.
Select how many people will be coming & fill out the rest of the form.
- Click and accept the terms and conditions.
- Push the “Book Pink Button”
- On the next screen Confirm all the details are correct and proceed to pay by pressing the PAYPAL button.
- Print & Fill out this waiver sign and bring it to the tour Download or Print HERE
- Your all done.
We’ll call you to confirm your tour.